Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bittersweet Poetry

This time tomorrow I will be in D.C.
There is so much going through my mind right now.
It doesnt seem real.
I'm gonna miss so many things about LA
I'm going to miss my mom so much and my little brothers my family
I'm going to miss hanging out with my friends or random funtions and chill nights.
I'm going to miss all the spots, Roscoes, In N Out, The Poetry Lounge, Jet Rag, Downtown, Leimert Park, Bill's Tacos, Amoeba. Diddy Reese, Yogurtland most of all!
I'm gong to miss the craziness of Crenshaw, or the vibe and Venice.
I'm gonna miss being ahead of the all the movements and being able to laugh at all the people in the U.S. who still jerk (I'm still gonna laugh)
I'm going to miss all the good times like playing tag at target, or watching leprchaun in the hood with a lot of my closest friends, that one time at the hotel in Hollywood, or party hoppin with my girls, and those random fun ass nights we ended up chillin at the homies studio and all the sleepovers and inside jokes.
I'm gonna miss all my friends that know me so well we can just look at each other and bust up laughing

Damn.

I'm going to miss it all, but I know there is so much more for me.

A whole world out there and im about to take my first step into it
So as I lay my head down on my pillow for the last time,
I realize the bittersweetness of this moment.
LA you have treated me well, But it's onto the next one.

To all my LA folk I love you know that
This is not a goodbye but a see you later.
:-*

No comments: